Sunday, March 27, 2022

Day 17 C2C 2022 Columbus to El Paso

Mar 17, 2022 

Day # 17 

Columbus to El Paso


Day 17 2022

Columbus to El Paso

73.52  miles total miles 882.42

Time 5:10/ 6:51

Ave speed 14.2    

Max speed 26.2

Elevation gained/ lost/net/max 774/ 965/ -191/ 4220

Min temp 43

Ave temp 78


Conditions: Clear and cool at the start becoming warm with light variable winds


Notes: The day started fairly normal. After a 3 block ride to NM #9 Hyw we spent the next 60 miles on #9 before entering "metro" El Paso. There were a lot of goat head flats in the group today (including Lynn). I was spared these flats because I am running tubeless tires (my opinion). It was nice having Lynn ride with me most of the day. She did extremely well (until her flat with ~4 miles to go.



the overnight school stop
one big ass over sized load coming at me
Followed by a second big ass load 
Half way point looking north
and looking south
A SAG stop


how many supervisors does it take to repair a flat.



2 comments:

  1. Just saying hey from Chelsea! The trip looks awesome! Thanks for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick, I’ll be riding tubeless on my CC trip also. Hoping to have the same luck as you in avoiding flats!

    ReplyDelete